To become customer centric in B2B, a company must transform customer needs into a strategy that can deliver a sustained competitive advantage.
Posts from the ‘Business Development’ Category
To offer personalized solutions for B2B customers, business developers must be customer centric by being aware of industry trends and co-develop projects to tackle their counterpart needs.
It is often said that a great sales manager not always turns into a great sales director. Apart from the business technicalities, the soft skills that fuel a star sales leader are not the same needed for a sales director to outperform.
In this HBR article, Scott Edinger shows some evidences and identifies the most common mistakes made by previous star sales leaders:
- Only attend select calls where your (new) position increases value to customer;
- Act in a supporting role, the star of the company is your salesman;
- Limit your (direct) involvement, other opportunities might need your guidance;
- Don’t be the closer, that’s the role of your salespeople (Always Be Closing does not apply to you anymore!)
- Always Be Prepared, that should be your motto now. Careful planning will improve your positioning on the eyes of the customer and your salesman.