In B2B organizations, agile methodologies can provide more effective results for business development, transforming command and control organizations into vision and delivery ones giving salesman purpose and motivation.
Posts from the ‘Business Development’ Category
To offer personalized solutions for B2B customers, business developers must be customer centric by being aware of industry trends and co-develop projects to tackle their counterpart needs.
It is often said that a great sales manager not always turns into a great sales director. Apart from the business technicalities, the soft skills that fuel a star sales leader are not the same needed for a sales director to outperform.
In this HBR article, Scott Edinger shows some evidences and identifies the most common mistakes made by previous star sales leaders:
- Only attend select calls where your (new) position increases value to customer;
- Act in a supporting role, the star of the company is your salesman;
- Limit your (direct) involvement, other opportunities might need your guidance;
- Don’t be the closer, that’s the role of your salespeople (Always Be Closing does not apply to you anymore!)
- Always Be Prepared, that should be your motto now. Careful planning will improve your positioning on the eyes of the customer and your salesman.
On this HBR article, Andris Zoltners, PK Sinha, and Sally Lorimer explain the trends that shape sales management in the digital world context.