10 steps to successful M&A integration
Mergers and Acquisitions are one of the most demanding actions for an executive.
Besides the communications, financial and legal aspects there is the organizational – culture – convergence bounded by a strong time pressure.
In this document, Bain & Company provides ten rules to reduce integration risk and help achieve the expected M&A synergies:
- Follow the money
- Tailor your actions to the nature of the deal
- Resolve the power and people issues quickly
- Start integration when you announce the deal
- Manage the integration through a “Decision Drumbeat”
- Handpick the leaders of the integration team
- Commit to one culture
- Win hearts and minds
- Maintain momentum in the base business of both companies
- Invest to build a repeatable integration model
No comments yet