Five rules for new CEOs
Achieving the top of the ladder is never easy. But being successful in a top management position is even more difficult.
In this article, Roger Martin suggests 5 simple rules he recommends every new CEO to achieve quick wins that help build a strong management team, and ultimately long term sustained competitive advantages:
- Enlarge the business boundaries
- Evaluate competence before changing people
- Involve the team in decisions
- Define and execute an integrated strategy
- Create room for diversity