Strategy for the next professional challenge
Great interview Jodi Glickman, author of the book Great on the Job, with several insights on how to define a strategy to search for the next professional challenge.
Here is a list with some of the tips:
- Map your skills (strengths and weaknesses) and financial goal, and match them against your target job position;
- Breakdown between transferable and non-transferable skills between different industries;
- Use job boards just as a reference, networking is the effective search tool;
- Request informal meetings with relevant employees from your target company ad ask smart questions;
- Look for information on-line on career management and coaching (choose only 1-2 reference sites), such as:
- Brazen Careerist
- Career Realism
- New York Times Corner Office
- Career HMO
Finally, plan in advance and define a time frame. Be prepared to spend time and energy in this task.
No comments yet